Ashraf Lotfy Abd El Aziz
Occupation Project Cost Control / Estimating Manager
Mobile No. (+974) 571-5108 QATAR
(+20) 10-623-6001 EGYPT
Date of Birth 31st October 1964
Marital Status Married with two children
Languages Fluent in English, Arabic languages
Education: Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) Cairo University - Egypt - 1986
Value Management Workshop Saudi Arabia (June 2003)
Project Management Professional (Preparation Course) Qatar (May 2005)
Public Speaking & Presentation Skills Qatar ( May 2007 )
Technical Writing - Dubai (May 2007)
Certificate for very Distinguished Service (2007)
Certificate for Participation in QOC Project (2007)
Certificate for Effective Communication Skills (Nov 2007)
Certificate for Cost Analysis and Budget Control (March 2008)
Certificate for Contract Management (May 2008)
Certificate of Appreciation – Qatari Diar (May 2010)
Certificate of Appreciation – Qatari Diar (March 2011)
Certificate of Contract Management – Qatari Diar (Octobar 2012)
SUMMARY OF CAPABILITIES AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
· Experience in estimating International projects in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Kuwait, UAE and Qatar for 10 years on major building and infrastructure sites.
· Experience in planning large-scale projects and knowledge of inter-relationship between disciplines.
· Have a good command of Primavera package with all analyses and reporting functions.
· Have an excellent knowledge about international suppliers and prices, good knowledge of building materials and cost implications in the Middle East, monitoring project cost with respect to budget and taking the necessary actions to meet critical milestones in order to keep projects on schedule.
· Have acquired good site experience during my career which enables me to control the time and cost of major civil and architectural projects. I spent more than 5 years in major construction projects in the Middle East. I’m well with the site works, issuance of monthly payments, and participation in monthly reports on time and cost, and handling of site correspondence in different areas. I also worked as a civil engineer, which enhanced my site experience and increased my capabilities as a Planner and Cost Control Engineer.
· Have an excellent background in computer programming and web application, which I employ effectively in carrying out my duties as a Planner and Cost Engineer.
· Set up of Project Work Breakdown Structures, Budget and Schedule risk analysis studies.
· Administration and allocation of Contingency and inflation provisions and Authorisation for expenditure.
· Experience in preparing and executing control procedures for both cost and planning
Experience Highlights: Project Controller with over 20 years experience in project controls and Services.
Feb. 2009 - to Present QATAR DIAR REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT CO.
Projects Control Manager
DOHA, STATE OF QATAR
· Prepares preliminary cost estimates for proposals ( different countries)
· Finalizes Project cost estimates after discussion with the Project Manager and Client
· Prepares all bulk material cost estimates
· Undertakes alternative study analysis
· Reviews and evaluates change orders
· Prepares the cost data bank and estimation tools (on line)
· Liaises with all Engineering Disciplines of relevance to a project in order to obtain and validate the Bill of Quantities in preparation for cost estimation
· Responds to client queries concerning cost estimation detail
· Requests estimates on selected items from Procurement and Subcontracts Engineers in order to compile the full price list relevant to a proposal preparation or project estimation
· Requests estimates on selected items from Procurement and Subcontracts Engineers
Oct. 2004- to Jan 2009 PROJACS INTERNATIONAL
(Four Years) web site is http://www.projacs.com
Senior Cost Control Engineer
DOHA, STATE OF QATAR
A member in PROJACS International Team working as Project Management for Qatar Olympic Committee (QOC) and assisting the existing team in managing the running projects and new projects related to SFD.
Project cost: US$ 300 million
Responsible for Carry out Assessment of Claims and variations and issue of Final Account, Certificate of Completion and Variation Orders for the Projects. Review and Process Payment applications.
2003 – 2004 DAR AL-HANDASAH CONSULTANTS (Shair and Partners)
( Two years) web site is http://www.dargroup.com/
KHOBAR, SAUDI ARABIA
A member in Dar Al-Handasah Team working as Project Management Consultant for the Design and Construction of KJO – Master Plan Projects ( Al-Kafji Joint Operation) on Saudi Arabia with Client : Aramco Gulf Operations & Kuwait Gulf Oil Company
The project includes: 536 Villas, Guests Facilities, Bachelor Quarters, Recreational Facilities, 10 Schools, Offices for Government use and Cooperative Society, Training Center, Coast Guards, Hydro and Meteorological Center, Fire Station, Material Office, Ware Houses, Users Stores, Workshops and Labs.
Project cost: US$ 400 million
Provided, administered and managed project controls, including:
Capital cost estimating
Cost control, analysis & forecast
Project progress reporting & schedule review
Contracts and contractor's claim review
Project office services
Preparation of overall project cost status report for issue to joint management committee board.
Co-ordination and presentation of quarterly project budget reviews including evaluation of capital cost and man-hour construction estimates & schedule considerations.
2001 – 2002 DAR AL-HANDASAH CONSULTANTS (Shair and Partners)
( Two years) Web site is http://www.dargroup.com/
Cost Project Engineer
A member in Dar Al-Handasah (Management of Construction and Contracts Department)
Responsible for Developing and maintaining Estimating Data Bank reflecting Middle East, West Africa and Central Asian and using the Uni-Format system which aims to achieve consistency in economic evaluation of projects, enhance reporting of design program information; and promote consistency in filing information for facility management, drawing details, and construction market data.
1999 – 2000 TURNER INTERNATIONAL
( Two years) Web site is http://www.turnerconstruction.com
Cost Project Engineer
Worked on the construction Management of a residential development comprising villas, apartments, medical centers, malls, commercial buildings and showrooms. Project cost: US$ 300 million
Prepared Cost control of all project pre-commitments, commitments, invoicing, expenditure and materials control. Communication and administration of all such financial data through finance systems to meet corporate accounting I reporting deadlines. Input to preparation of project monthly finance billings and forecast cash calls to partners
Involved in projects includes preparation of cost plans for different design and construction phases; tender documents; evaluation of tenders and reviewing contractors’ claims; feasibility, preliminary and pre-tender estimates to all items of the project; unit rate breakdown; cost alternatives including advice and check of prices for different elements. Post-contract duties involve calculation, issuing of monthly certificates and monitoring time and update schedules
Worked on Development of integrated cost and planning systems.
Assisted Project Management Team during contract execution to review and analyze progress and performance of Contractor. Also, work with PMT to review and advise on Contractor Recovery Plans, as required
1991 – 1998 JUBAIL COMPANY FOR CONTRACTING,
( 8 years) Cost and Planning Engineer
JUBAIL, SAUDI ARABIA
Worked on the construction of Royal Commission Housing Projects. The projects involved have a total value of US$ 130 million.
Cost and budget control of company activities including consolidation of corporate cost reports and budget formulations.
Preparation and analysis of all projects direct and indirect engineering and project support expended man-hours and costs for inclusion in overall project report. Analysis of earned I used man-hour forecasts and perform quantity surveys and unit list budgeting.
1988 – 1990 KOLALY ENGINEERING
( 3 years) Web Site is http://www.kolaly.com/
Cost and Planning Engineer
CAIRO / ALEXANDRIA, EGYPT
Worked on the construction of army workshops and ammunition stores. The project was supervised by the United States Army Corps of Engineers, which was acting as the project consultant, Alexandria, Egypt.
· Manage all Cost, Planning & Document Control Dept's. Develop of the detailed budget/cost allocations, control schedules (Primavera P3). Develop and implemented procedures for Cost, Planning and Document Control for compliance with the contract and also for our own internal controls
· Prepare interim valuations and cost reports
· Assist Project Engineers / Managers in establishing a cost and project controls method.
1986 – 1987 ARAB CONTRACTORS
( One year) Site Engineer